Being a bar fly, music lover and computer professional, I decided that to make the tRio/Jreciever set up in my home complete, I would like to write a java applet that mimics the digital juke boxes in bars. Basically I would like to take the Dynamic Playlist of Jreceiver to another level. When done a user would have the option to search by artist or song and add to the current running play list. Obviously an artist search goes into more detail but you get the idea I am sure.
Today I wrote all the SQL I need to make this happen, and I could test my theory to a point. Since I have to brush up on Java first it is just straight sql calls right now. I began testing it tonight, I ran a few queries and created a new play list on the fly. Then began to add songs to the new play list, this worked great except that when I got to the song before the new ones I added, the Rio stopped.
I now realize that it is because obviously I have no way of telling the rio to select the new song. Is there a way by opening the code of tRio I can do this.
I would really enjoy writting this and contributing to the software that I use for my six Rio's.
For now I am going to see if I can get the source from sourceforge and find where that call is made, but if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great. I know that it is possible to add one song through the web app, so I am guessing that I can find code there.
My final question is when I get this completed, how would I go about getting it added to or have the ability to attach it to tRio? Is the original developer open to this?

Thank you for your help,

Keith Possinger