Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#231965 - 14/03/2006 17:34 Re: Experiences with Auto EQ [Re: mcomb]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Well, yes and no. You DON'T select the Mic as a source. You select the player as the source, and then select the test tracks as a playlist, in the order they are to be played by the AEQ. It's obvious from the names - low to high frequency. You then kick off Auto EQ and it will play them back.

As a word of caution, make SURE your gain is set to between -25 and -15 dBA on the volume control otherwise you risk both your amp & speakers along with your hearing. And no, I'm not joking.
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#231966 - 14/03/2006 19:10 Re: Experiences with Auto EQ [Re: schofiel]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
Quote:
Well, yes and no. You DON'T select the Mic as a source.

I know, I just meant that it is showing up under the source menu on the empeg.

Quote:
You select the player as the source, and then select the test tracks as a playlist, in the order they are to be played by the AEQ. It's obvious from the names - low to high frequency. You then kick off Auto EQ and it will play them back.

I've done this and they don't start playing. The empeg just sits there, with or without the mic connected. Can someone else load these tracks on their player and see what happens if you select AutoEQ without a mic connected and again with? If the tracks don't play when the mic is disconnected, but do when it is connected you'll help me narrow this down a lot.

-Mike

#231967 - 14/03/2006 19:24 Re: Experiences with Auto EQ [Re: mcomb]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
No, look - you have to start Auto EQ off with this as the selected playlist, paused.

Can I gently suggest that you go back to the first posting of the thread, and read through the instructions again?
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#231968 - 14/03/2006 19:44 Re: Experiences with Auto EQ [Re: schofiel]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Quote:
No, look - you have to start Auto EQ off with this as the selected playlist, paused.

I think we are misunderstanding each other here. I've done exactly this, repeatedly. I appreciate the suggestions, but I swear the problem is not that I don't have the appropriate playlist selected and paused.

Edit: Which is why I'm trying to get someone to help troubleshoot if a bad mic connection could cause this.

-Mike

Edited by mcomb (14/03/2006 19:49)

#231969 - 14/03/2006 21:32 Re: Experiences with Auto EQ [Re: mcomb]
mcomb
pooh-bah

OK, I've got it figured out. The problem seems to have come from loading the files with jEmplode. I reloaded them with Emplode and the empeg is now playing them fine. There must be something different with the tags they are creating that is keeping the jEmplode files from getting recognized. Thanks for the suggestions Rob and Brad.

-Mike

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5