Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#234575 - 22/09/2004 10:59 License Logging Service and Active Directory
clsmith

I've started seeing lots "Product out of licenses" warnings in the event logs on my servers. I know that we're legit due to the annual protection (e.g. enterprise agreement) that we are forced to pay to the "Bill-Father" and his Family.

Now in the NT4 days you could simply disable that service on the PDC and BDC's to get rid of that warning. Has anyone tried disabling it on Win2K DC's? Is this still an option or will things stop working?

#234576 - 22/09/2004 11:32 Re: License Logging Service and Active Directory [Re: clsmith]
siberia37
old hand

Loc: Tacoma,WA
Quote:
I've started seeing lots "Product out of licenses" warnings in the event logs on my servers. I know that we're legit due to the annual protection (e.g. enterprise agreement) that we are forced to pay to the "Bill-Father" and his Family.

Now in the NT4 days you could simply disable that service on the PDC and BDC's to get rid of that warning. Has anyone tried disabling it on Win2K DC's? Is this still an option or will things stop working?

You can still disable it. It's the first thing I do when installing a DC.

#234577 - 23/09/2004 17:20 Re: License Logging Service and Active Directory [Re: siberia37]
clsmith

Thanks.

Kind of had a feeling that was the case. Just wanted to make sure.