Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#249934 - 19/02/2005 20:07 Patience
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
...as in, I'm going to have to ask all of you, especially those who have unanswered emails from carsupport, to be patient for a little while.

The reason? Well, as you all know the last few years have not been especially kind to me: I have been unemployed for close on three years now and this plus the divorce have cost me a lot. Not just money.

There has been another of those big "changes in circumstances" which have happened with annoying frequency - which means, for a short while, everything has to go on hold. Disappointing for a fair number of people, annoying for a few.

Don't worry: carsupport is not going to disappear - in fact, it will be coming back soon with a vengeance. For now, I just need those of you with repair/build work/parts requests in to grit your teeth for a little while while I get things sorted out, and then I will be back on the air again for more work.

The empeg meet for the summer is still on: repairs and builds are still on: I am going to be trying out a prototype memory expansion board within a few days and should be able to provide this as an install service soon: I have finally got hold of some of the equipment I need to do QFP chip removal (read: CS4231A sound chip replacement - hooray!!!) with some more to come: and in the end, I am still as committed to repair work as I was before.

So hold on, and watch this space for more news in the coming days....
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#249935 - 21/02/2005 13:13 Re: Patience [Re: schofiel]
frog51
pooh-bah

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Hopefully it is a good change in circumstances for you then. Fingers crossed.
MkII, 80Gb SSD in dock