Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#251484 - 11/03/2005 18:20 U2 Vertigo Tour General Admission Floor tickets....
burdell1
old hand

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
When they first announced plans for the U2 tour, I heard that people who paid for a $40 membership to U2.com would be able to buy advance tickets for their concert before everyone else. So, I did that. At that time, I was trying to get ahold of floor tickets for one of the Chicago shows since they had not announced the Minneapolis one. Unfortunately I wasn't able to buy tickets for the Chicago one, but I used my code (the pre-sale advance tickets code) on general admission floor tickets for the Denver one - (unbenknownst to me you could only use the code on one concert) thinking I could sell them on ebay and buy the Chicago ones ...either breaking even or losing some money. However, since the whole pre-sale code thing didn't go very well for U2 fans,.....new members of U2.com don't get to do the pre-sale thing. So, I was wondering if anyone out there has seen somewhere there might be one of those codes for sale? I know it will sell out right away.....so I was hoping to get the tickets in advanced (and really, really want floor tickets.)

#251485 - 11/03/2005 20:00 Re: U2 Vertigo Tour General Admission Floor tickets.... [Re: burdell1]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
I guess Motley Crue just did a similar thing where if you pay for a "fan" membership, you could do a presale. Some of the presale tickets were $400 each and you got to meet the band. Paying to meet the band is one thing, but I feel funny about having to "pay" to be a fan. Do you feel a bit ripped of for having to pay 40 bucks?

(Sorry I can't help any, I just see why you'd be frustrated.)

#251486 - 23/03/2005 21:31 Re: U2 Vertigo Tour General Admission Floor tickets.... [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
burdell1
old hand

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
well...i got a new pre-sale code a week or two ago...and I got floor tickets for the Minneapolis show!!!!!! it will be awesome! I am hoping to go to the Chicago show too....

#251487 - 24/03/2005 01:47 Re: U2 Vertigo Tour General Admission Floor tickets.... [Re: burdell1]
Waterman981
old hand

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
Speaking of going to U2 shows, I will be in LA for that show on 4/6. I'm upperbowl which sucks, but it will still be a blast! (I do have GA's for Salt Lake in December though.) Anyways I'll be driving down Sunday April 3rd, staying the night in Vegas for fun, then finishing the drive on Monday morning. I will be leaving early the morning of the 7th to make the entire drive back. If anyone down in the LA area wants to get lunch sometime let me know.

#040103696 on a shelf
Mk2a - 90 GB - Red - Illuminated buttons