I'm looking for a DVD recorder to replace my current DVD player but it's been way too long since I followed the home theater market. I have a really nice setup, probably 3 grand in speakers, nice amp, etc. So I want a decent recorder, but I don't work at Best Buy anymore, so I don't get those same "direct from manufacture" discounts I used to.

So, I guess I'm looking for the cheapest option. My PC will do most of my DVD burning, esp. now since I can pull shows from my Tivo. But I would like to be able to do some archiving once in a while.

The problem is, I can't seem to find and dual-layer burners (low on my priority list, but I assume a bunch of new recoders are coming out soon?) and very few have recording AND DVD-A or SACD playback. I don't really care which of the two audio formats I get, either SACD or DVD-A, but I would like to have at least one. It's funny how Sony pushes SACD, but none of the recorders I've come across will play them. Kind of like when they pushed CDText, but very few CDs on Sony Records actually had the data on them.

Anyone have any recommendations? Dual layer isn't a high priority, but I'd like this to replace my DVD player, so it needs to have either SACD or DVD-A, progressive out (component is fine) and high compatibility in disk formats (able to play them and record on a format that can be played back on most DVD players).