Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#255887 - 16/05/2005 13:52 Re: Hijack -- Get it while you can [Re: mlord]
julf
veteran

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Only got back to the board today after many weeks of being away (the things getting married does to your time sheduling!), and saw this tread - and got pretty shocked. Mark, I have always thought of you as one of the few true mainstays of the empeg community, and really appreciated all the hard work you have put in. The empeg would be a much lesser device without hijack, and the board a much poorer place without your helpful comments. As many other people have already stated, there will always be a couple of turkeys in any group, and you can let them get you down! And as you well know, you can't always please *everybody*.

#255888 - 17/05/2005 00:27 Re: Hijack -- Get it while you can [Re: julf]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Quote:
Only got back to the board today after many weeks of being away (the things getting married does to your time sheduling!), and saw this tread - and got pretty shocked. Mark, I have always thought of you as one of the few true mainstays of the empeg community, and really appreciated all the hard work you have put in. The empeg would be a much lesser device without hijack, and the board a much poorer place without your helpful comments. As many other people have already stated, there will always be a couple of turkeys in any group, and you can let them get you down! And as you well know, you can't always please *everybody*.

Agreed. People like Mark, Tony Fabris, Mark Cushman, PCA and a handful of others give far more to this community than they ever get in return. Hopefully you'll be back soon Mark.

#255889 - 23/05/2005 04:48 Re: Hijack -- Get it while you can [Re: julf]
TerryMathews
new poster

Mark, are you just needing basic hosting, or do you rely in the autocompiling features that SourceForge.com supplies?

If it's just hosting, I'll offer to you an FTP account on my domain hosted at DreamHost.com. The domains I've got are terrymathews.net and terrymathews.us, but I can point other domains to it.

If you just want to call it quits, I don't think anyone here can blame you. But if you're just looking for better hosting, LMK. [email protected]

Terry

#255890 - 29/05/2005 21:19 Re: Hijack -- Get it while you can [Re: mlord]
Major_Sarcasm

Loc: Isle of Wight, UK
I don't post on here much. Not being particularly technically minded, I don't have a great deal to offer.

One thing I can offer though is my thanks to you, Mark, for all the effort and time you have dedicated to this small community. It's a sad day indeed that sees you leave the fold and end your support.

The search button combined with your posts (and a whole host of the other "usual suspects") have made living with an Empeg a much more enjoyable and rewarding experience. It could have been so different.

I do hope you reconsider.

#255891 - 21/06/2005 05:03 Re: Hijack -- Get it while you can [Re: Major_Sarcasm]
rowitech
enthusiast

Loc: Germany, Cologne
Don't know if Terry hits the point, but if he does I can offer you making the "European part" of your Code on my machine (100 Gigs of free traffic every month left, 100 MBit/s in Frankfurt, Germany).
But maybe it's not as easy as this.

I'm sure many people would help Mark if he just says what he needs. Ok, I could imagine that we cannot create a new sf.net (I just could offer rowi.net :-) ).

Mark, please give it a try, you know that our empegs feel better when being "pimped" with your latest Hijack ;-). And you even know that we feel better if our empegs feel good... And last but not least: You are part of our family.

regards
Rolf

(hoping that just offering space and traffic could be enough to change his mind - keeping fingers crossed...)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2