Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#262904 - 18/08/2005 09:39 Please help: Need Phonenumber from Reno, Nevada passed via SIP to me.
rowitech
enthusiast

Loc: Germany, Cologne
Hi,

I have a commercial partnership with a company located in Reno, Nevada. I am responsible for the whole Voice over IP System (mostly SIP), but am here in Germany. So I need an own phone number from Reno at my phone. There are several providers who cann pass us these at maybe 7$ a month from Las Vegas. Well that's also Nevada, but better would be a number of Reno (or a block of maybe 10 numbers).

Now I have 2 problems:
- I need as much providers in Nevada as I could get and am willing to crawl there websites to find what I described above.
- I am just a stupid german and my englich isn't the best so maybe you could help me to express what I want, so I can writem mails to providers in that region.

I know you guys are really good so I'm convinced that we can solve this problem here :-).

Rolf

#262905 - 18/08/2005 15:45 Re: Please help: Need Phonenumber from Reno, Nevada passed via SIP to [Re: rowitech]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I'd check with VoicePulse. I know they offer local number across the country and I know they have a service that will allow you to use Asterisk, and I think that's SIP.

First off, your English is not that bad. You're certainly understandable. Buch better than my dozen-word German vocabulary. But what you want to say is something like:
Quote:
Hello. My name is Rolf <lastname> and I work for the German company <company name>. We have a business relationship with <partner name>, who are based in Reno, Nevada. We are looking to get a block of ten VoIP-based (preferably SIP) Reno-local numbers so that our business partners there can call us at a local number. The intention is for the numbers to ring here in Germany. Can you help me with this request, please?

Also, something you may want to know about is that in the US, we have toll-free numbers that do not cost any caller in the US any fees. Sometimes you can get them for smaller localities, too, like across Nevada, for example. While your current provider may not have Reno numbers, he might have toll-free numbers, which would be the correct term to ask for.

#262906 - 18/08/2005 17:18 Re: Please help: Need Phonenumber from Reno, Nevada passed via SIP to [Re: wfaulk]
JBjorgen
carpal tunnel

Loc: Columbus, OH
I use VoicePulse as well and have had good service with them.

#262907 - 19/08/2005 04:09 Re: Please help: Need Phonenumber from Reno, Nevada passed via SIP to [Re: JBjorgen]
rowitech
enthusiast

Loc: Germany, Cologne
Thank you much,

didn't expect that much. Just filled out the Lastname and Compnany name and here we go. Hope, Voicepulse will answer soon.

Rolf