Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#267606 - 19/10/2005 21:43 iPod question: linking to video from notes on a 5G
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Kelly just got a new 5G ipod... with VIDEO... oooooo...

So as those of you with iPods probably know, you can link to song files (and other notes) from a note on your iPod by using simple markup like so:

Code:
You can click on this <A HREF="ipod:music?song=Bikeriders">link</A> to play a song.

Can anyone figure out how to link to a video in this way on their new 5G? I'd like to put a video note together for my Kelly before she goes away for a week, and can't figure it out. I've tried the following with no results (linking to both the direct file name and a properly tagged name:

Code:

If this works correctly, you can click on this <A HREF="ipod:music:F49?song=MNLI">link</A> to play a video.
<br>
If this works correctly, you can click on this <A HREF="ipod:music:F49:MNLI.m4v">link</A> to play a video.
<br>
If this works correctly, you can click on this <A HREF="ipod:video?song=IPOD">link</A> to play a video.
<br>
If this works correctly, you can click on this <A HREF="ipod:videos?song=IPOD">link</A> to play a video.
<br>
If this works correctly, you can click on this <A HREF="ipod:movie?song=IPOD">link</A> to play a video.
<br>
If this works correctly, you can click on this <A HREF="ipod:movies?song=IPOD">link</A> to play a video.

All of these output an incorrect link format error to the error file I put in the notes folder.

Can anyone help me figure this one out?! I'd REALLY appreciate it!

-loren

PS: Here is a link to a PDF on the Apple Dev site explaining note linking.

PPS: I didn't think I'd be all that impressed with it... but DAMN. It's going to be really hard not to buy one of these things. I put a few videos I had laying around on it and it is just... well... impressive is the only way to say it. They are so damn thin now, and most of the annoyances that kept me from buying one before are pretty much gone. Hierarchical playlists can be gotten around with smart playlists, and that was the big one for me. Still annoying but not a deal killer. I'm rambling...

PPPS: I just used the newest version of TivoTool (WHICH RULES) to download the Daily Show and rip it straight to iTunes in the iPod "format". Kick ass. Man, this makes me wish I had a commute! Kelly's going to LOVE this... and she thought she didn't care about the video!

Edited by loren (19/10/2005 23:23)

#267607 - 20/10/2005 15:21 Re: iPod question: linking to video from notes on a 5G [Re: loren]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Damn, I'm good at stumping you guys. Hahah.