Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#27001 - 21/02/2001 02:24 Interested in Wireless ?
Dava

Loc: Bucks UK
Last night I successfully linked the empeg in the car with a wireless LAN set from Cisco. Using a 340 series 802.11 PCMCIA card in the laptop and a base station connected to the empeg, it worked a dream.

The only problem with this that I can forsee is that I wont have wireless in the house when the wife takes the car (with the base station in).

I know a few of you were interested in testing this sort of thing.

MK2 Red S/n 949

#27002 - 26/02/2001 07:23 Re: Interested in Wireless ? [Re: Dava]
mardibloke
addict

Loc: Penarth, UK
You should find a thread on this BBS about the Orinoco products. Mine arrived and works a treat, but not had time to do a write up and pics. Base is in the house ( has modem and ethernet connections - so can do ISP dial up on demand, DHCP server, NAT, bridge to ethernet hub and rest of my home network ), you buy wireless adapters ( PCMCIA / PCI ) for laptops / PC's you want to be wireless, for devices that already have ethernet and no free slots( eg Empeg MK2 ) there is a box with RJ45 connection and slot for PCMCIA card. So patch cable between Empeg and this box then insert a Wireless PCMCIA adapter does the trick. Box requires 5v.

- --
Rod, UK Mk2 64gig Red S/No.341