Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#272992 - 29/12/2005 18:28 Problem with jEmplode
Shangri-La
new poster

Hopefully someone here will know what's wrong, the source website (http://www.jempeg.org/) and software are lacking any sort of support info.

I'm trying to dump all the files off one of my empegs so I can clean up the tags and sort out a bunch of stuff I don't listen to. When I use emplode 2.0b13 all the files copy successfully, and they all play just fine on the empeg but when I use jEmplode to copy them I get this error on about half of them:

"Unable to get an input stream onto the requested FID."

It seems to be random files, but is persistent. The same file will error out every time. I'm thinking mabye the problem files are on the second drive and jEmplode can't see them? The reason I want to use jEmplode to copy them down is it'll preserve the current "tags" and directory/playlist structure. I know I can just FTP the fids off but I want to preserve what work I've done already to clean them up, not start from scratch.

Any ideas?

Here's my version info incase it matters
mk2 player w/ 2x30gig
emplode 2.0b13
jEmplode 70 (supposedly, still says 69 on title bar)
hijack v335
riocar 2.0b13

#272993 - 29/12/2005 18:43 Re: Problem with jEmplode [Re: Shangri-La]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Very interesting problem there.

Yes, I see how you would want to preserve the tag info after downloading, and yes, Jemplode is the way to do that, so I see your dilemma.

Quote:
I'm thinking mabye the problem files are on the second drive and jEmplode can't see them?

That's an interesting theory, and it would be nice to know if that's the case for sure. You can find out by identifying problem FIDs and poking around with FTP.

Here's something worth trying:

In Jemplode options there is a checkbox "Use Hijack when Possible." Try toggling that (whatever it's set to now, set it to its opposite) and see if that solves the problem.

Report back.

#272994 - 29/12/2005 18:56 Re: Problem with jEmplode [Re: tfabris]
Shangri-La
new poster

Hello nail, meet hammer! It was checked, so I unchecked it and they seem to be copying OK now. Thankyou!

#272995 - 29/12/2005 18:58 Re: Problem with jEmplode [Re: Shangri-La]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Okay, cool. That's a bug. He should be made aware of it.

MIKE!!!!!!!!!

(files on second disk drive to not get downloaded if Use Hijack is checked)

#272996 - 29/12/2005 19:23 Re: Problem with jEmplode [Re: tfabris]
Shangri-La
new poster

Er, I did not check the fids yet to see if it's truly a second drive issue or not. I'll take a look later this evening and report back. Just to verify...

#272997 - 29/12/2005 19:46 Re: Problem with jEmplode [Re: Shangri-La]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

I'm almost certain that's the problem. Knowing how these things work. You probably don't need to check it.

Another thing to consider is that your version of Hijack is older than the current one. Perhaps that was something that got fixed in Hijack and you merely needed to upgrade it.

I think that your download process will go faster if you can use Hijack, that's why there's the option in Jemplode for it.

#272998 - 29/12/2005 21:59 Re: Problem with jEmplode [Re: tfabris]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
Quote:
I'm almost certain that's the problem.

The other possibility that comes to mind is that one drive is fid sifted and the other isn't. You'd think that if it was universally broken so that downloads only worked from drive0 someone would have reported it by now.

-Mike