Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#28333 - 18/03/2001 23:37 Pitch Control
Ken99Si
new poster

Loc: California, USA
Would it be difficult to add a feature to change how fast or slow a song is played? I have the Pacemaker plug-in for Winamp and it's really nifty! You can adjust a song's Tempo (speeds up/slows down the song but the voice stays the same), Pitch (speeds up/slows down the voice, but the beat stays the same speed), and Speed (affects the whole song). I was impressed :).

#28334 - 19/03/2001 10:26 Re: Pitch Control [Re: Ken99Si]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
This feature would be "nifty" but I don't think many people really need it. Pitch / tempo adjustment is made for mobile DJ's who need to match beats during mixes, and most people aren't going to be doing any mixing from their car. I agree it's a cool thing to have, and the WinAMP plugins do a nice job, but so far, the Empeg development team has focused on features that are relevant to listening to music in your car, and I think that's the right way to work on a car product.

There was talk of the player having a "plugin" arcihtecture and some API hooks into it, but it's my understanding that it won't be that way for the 1.1 release. I think the last thing I read was that it is somewhat "pluggable" from the codebase perspective, but an open API wasn't happening anytime real soon. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, guys. If this was available, we'd be free to write our own plugins that did any number of things with the sound and visuals, just like WinAMP.

-Tony
MkII #554