Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#283779 - 01/07/2006 20:03 All hail, the return of silly car!
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
I'm sorry, I couldn't help it!

...and no that's not its spoiler....

Attachments
284086-newcar.jpg (82 downloads)

Andy M

#283780 - 02/07/2006 07:25 Re: All hail, the return of silly car! [Re: andym]
Cris
pooh-bah

Loc: Leeds, UK
Very Nice

Details, details....

Cheers

Cris.

#283781 - 02/07/2006 14:26 Re: All hail, the return of silly car! [Re: andym]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
You went for the brabus didn't you

Go stand at the back of the class

You should of got the rare special edition lightwieght version that is cheaper and better as it is lighter

Great cars i really fancy one to add to the fleet on the grounds it is vaguely sensible

#283782 - 02/07/2006 18:20 Re: All hail, the return of silly car! [Re: thinfourth2]
andym
carpal tunnel

You mean the roadster light? Erm, no thanks.

I had the same dead-end discussions when I had my 172 about the Clio Cup, ooh it's .1 of a second quicker to 60, but it's got shite cloth seats, thinner glass that cracks, harsher suspension and originally no air con. Renault promptly offered a model with aircon which pretty much cancelled out any weight savings the original configuration gave.

I want something that's fun to drive and is good around the twisties, which it most certainly is.

Andy M

#283783 - 02/07/2006 20:41 Re: All hail, the return of silly car! [Re: andym]
sein
old hand

Loc: Sector ZZ9pZa
Damn it man, its got the colour code kit for the front and everything! You know I am so insanely jealous, I've wanted one for ages. The only thing that is holding me back is I need to take my dad about in my car, and he just wouldn't be able to get in and out of the Roadster. Still have to hold out for a bit I guess.

Anyway, I'll need to have a good look in September! Can you take me for a little ride

#283784 - 03/07/2006 16:32 Re: All hail, the return of silly car! [Re: sein]
Cris
pooh-bah

Loc: Leeds, UK
Quote:
...its got the colour code kit for the front and everything!...

Yea, that looks pretty cool! I always thought the black bumper looks cheap on the roadster, is it a factory option to have it coloured then? I wonder why more people don't go for it?

What engine does it have? The same on as in mine, or is it something special?

What about the empeg install? Did you give the old sub away with the old Smart? I can find a good home for it if you didn't

Quote:
Can you take me for a little ride

Me too! Me too!

Cheers

Cris.

#283785 - 03/07/2006 18:10 Re: All hail, the return of silly car! [Re: Cris]
andym
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Quote:
...its got the colour code kit for the front and everything!...

Yea, that looks pretty cool! I always thought the black bumper looks cheap on the roadster, is it a factory option to have it coloured then? I wonder why more people don't go for it?

It's an Exclusive edition, which is basically the Brabus but completely colour coded (minus the mirrors for some reason, even my 4-2 had silver mirrors) and has the starter on the gearknob although I forget to use it. All the ordinary brabi (is that the plural? ) have the black front light surrounds and rear number plate panels which in my opinion, look cack.

Quote:

What engine does it have? The same on as in mine, or is it something special?

It's the same engine but with a different intercooler, exhaust, inlet manufold, air box and a modified map in the ECU so it produces 101 bhp at 1.4 bar of boost instead of 80 at 1 bar like the normal roadster (including the light).

Quote:

What about the empeg install? Did you give the old sub away with the old Smart? I can find a good home for it if you didn't

What took me three days to put in took me 20 minutes to rip out on the garage forcourt. I definitely wasn't going to give anything away. By the looks of it the amp will never fit so I'll have to start from scratch. The sub box is back my folks as I couldn't fit it in with all the other stuff I'd ripped out, but I'll be back in a couple of weeks so bring it back with me, so it'll be available, along with the amp and most of the installation loom.

Quote:

Quote:
Can you take me for a little ride

Me too! Me too!

When you're next over give us a shout.

Andy M