I have a question for the electronics guru's around the BBS.

I have a 20" LCD TV in my Kitchen from Westinghouse Electronics. Over the weekend it made a weird noise and stopped working. I checked the electrical outlet it was plugged into and that was fine. There is an LED that blinks when you press any key on the remote. I was getting no response. Since it was out of warranty I figured I'd open her up and see if I could spot a problem. Well I checked the internal AC to DC converter(or power supply I am not quite sure what the technical name for it is.) I used a multi meter and it showed 110v was coming into the unit. On the outputs it showed nothing when I believe it should be about 16v. There are two +16v outputs and two grounds on the output side. I would imagine that one tap would be a closed circuit for the micro controller that sees the remote control commands and the other to actually power the TV(Please correct me if I am wrong.) Does the fact that I am not seeing any output voltage indicative of a bad power supply?

I contacted customer support at Westinghouse Digital and they gave me the name of the electronics company where they get parts from. I contacted them and they are looking to see if they have one. I just want to reassure myself that the supply is indeed bad before buying the replacement. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks

Edit: I also checked the fuse for continuity on the supply and that seemed fine.

Edited by DBALKUNJR (18/09/2006 18:07)