Whilst contemplating the re-installation of my Empeg, I nipped down to my old friends at Unicar, a local car stereo/shiny wheels and any other customisation outfit: A local business with a national presence.
As I listen s lot to BBC 5,6,7, I naturally asked: "What about a DAB receiver", to be told, "We've can't shift them, so we only get them to order, but nobody seems interested - haven't fitted one in months: When we tell them rhat the stick on the windscreen aerial is naff, and a proper installation is a Kings Ransom, they generally lose interest"
Now, since the Psion Wavefinder, which in my case was a disaster, DAB has been relegated to my bedside portable (Even then I got one with FM as well, for when I'm away from home) and freeview does all my radio recordings*, as the kit is 100% reliable and the quality better than DAB.
However, the government wants to phase out FM broadcasts, it seems to me they've got an uphill battle if this is the uptake! It also seems to me that we have a similar situation to mobile phones: "We cover 95% of the population": But 95% of the population live in, I believe, somewhat less than half the Country.

*Except my trusty Revox reel-to-reel, which faithfully records my favourite radio show on, non digital North Yorkshire Radio, each saturday night.