Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#326458 - 30/09/2009 13:59 Terminal Servers and printers
Waterman981
old hand

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
I've been having a problem with one of my terminal servers at work and am hoping someone here has seen this and has a fix.

When some, not all, users log off a W2K3 Terminal Server, the printer that is brought over from their PC's isn't removed. We are not using roaming profiles. Over time this leads to multiple copies of the same printer from the same PC, but from multiple sessions. I have to manually delete the printers not in use, or reboot the server to clear them.

We have 3 models of printers here with PCL6 and PS drivers installed for each on the TS, along with PCL6 and PS Universal Print Drivers (The print server hasn't been fully moved to the UPD, but some applications work better using it). The User Profile Hive Cleanup service is installed and running.

So this only affects some users. Most users their printers are removed successfully when they log off. Problem with the users PC's? With the TS? PEBKAC?

#040103696 on a shelf
Mk2a - 90 GB - Red - Illuminated buttons

#326460 - 30/09/2009 15:15 Re: Terminal Servers and printers [Re: Waterman981]
tahir
pooh-bah

Loc: London
Haven't used client attached printers for a long time, we used to have these issues on NT 4.0 + MF 1.8. Can't still be an issue, have you looked at the Citrix forum, it used to be quite useful.