Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#329 - 15/08/1999 21:31 Calling all Californians
duranike
journeyman

Anybody getting an empeg before 5### who live in California, prefebaly La? If not you can come see mine when i get it the year 3000 :)

#330 - 16/08/1999 08:03 Re: Calling all Californians [Re: duranike]
eoghain
new poster

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I'm in San Diego, and am number 451. I'll let you know when I get mine. I wont have it installed in my Jeep for awhile, but you can come see it attached to my home system.

Eoghain

#331 - 16/08/1999 10:59 Re: Calling all Californians [Re: eoghain]
duranike
journeyman

Sweet! I'll totally take you up on that offer, although my purpose of seeing somone's empeg is to see thier installation. But its all good. Thanks again.
-Jordan

#332 - 16/08/1999 19:29 Re: Calling all Californians [Re: duranike]
eoghain
new poster

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Not a problem. And since I just got my confirmation of shipment, I should have it by this weekend. And I've already got all but 3 of my CD's ripped, so I'm all set. On that note, does anyone have any suggestions on ripping, I have 3 CD's that don't want to rip. I keep getting errors, and the programs I'm using (musicmatch) tries to rip in analog mode, but that doesn't get anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Eoghain

#333 - 17/08/1999 04:23 Re: Calling all Californians [Re: eoghain]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
I had trouble ripping some CDs; I have had a bit more luck since, but not 100%.

I'm using Xing's AudioCatalyst, which refused to either rip complete CD's, or specific tracks. I am using ASPI RIP from a Plextor 32TSi under NT 4.

One CD had a multi-session setup which contained a multimedia track; I have been unable to rip the last audio track on this disk no matter what I try. On the disks I had single track trouble with, I carefully cleaned the disks (radially) and I could then RIP without trouble. For the disk I had which was spat out in it's entirety - well, I have had trouble playing it on a couple of Audio players, so I suspect it's a duffer.

So my "generic" remedy is clean the disks, carefully.

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#334 - 17/08/1999 05:02 Re: Calling all Californians [Re: schofiel]
Jazzwire
addict

Loc: Guernsey
I have an Ultraplex cd rom, which comes with Audio FS.
This makes an Audio CD appear to be a disc full of Wav files.. =)
Multi Sessions are still a problem though..
Jazz

Jazz (List 112, Mk2 42 gig #40. Mk1 4 gig #30. Mk3 1.6 16v)

#335 - 22/08/1999 03:59 Re: Calling all Californians [Re: schofiel]
bryan
journeyman

Loc: New Zealand
In reply to:

I had trouble ripping some CDs; I have had a bit more luck since, but not 100%.

If you have a stray Linux box floating around I recommend giving cdda paranoia a try. I haven't had any failures (after a careful clean).

#336 - 26/08/1999 09:42 CD Ripping Troubles [Re: schofiel]
batmantis
new poster

Loc: Anchorage, AK
Uhh, I had sort of a similar problem i think. on 2 cds (Led Zeppelin Boxed Set 2), i couldnt pull the last track of the cd on my mac. i asked one of my audiophile friends about this. the problem for me (we think) was that the cds were too long. the length was like 71.5 minutes, so the last track is out on the very edge of the cd. he had heard that some atapi (which came in my mac) cd players have a hard time reading out that far. he ripped the mp3s on his machine, which i think had a scsi cd rom drive, and it worked fine.

I always thought a boot was something you put on your foot.