Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#33615 - 29/06/2001 14:49 I need another one of those ISO adapters
WirelessOne
new poster

Loc: Sugar Land, TX, USA
I thought I remember seeing a post about 6-9 months ago about the Crutchfield part number for the ISO plug. The empeg came with one, but the spare sled did not. A search for "ISO" at Crutchfield did not turn it up. Anyway, I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

WirelessOne

#33616 - 29/06/2001 14:56 Re: I need another one of those ISO adapters [Re: WirelessOne]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Email their support department, I'm sure they'll send you one at no charge since you purchased a spare sled.

#33617 - 29/06/2001 17:05 Re: I need another one of those ISO adapters [Re: WirelessOne]
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
I certainly *do* hope that once sleds go on sale for real on the SONICblue eStore, sometime this coming winter, that they come with a female ISO/DIN connector. At least on this side of the pond, these connectors are hard to acquire. Crutchfield does include such a connector in some of their harness adapters, but it is male (meant to adapt aftermarket head units to Euro harnesses); they have no listing for the requisite female connector. Likewise CarToys and many other install shops that I polled over the course of 3 days.

If, like me, you have acquired a second sled on the ever-expanding black market, you may thus find yourself at the local VW junkyard snipping such a connector out of a wrecked Jetta. When you decide that the junkyard connector is just too corroded to allow you to sleep soundly at night, you may pay the VW dealer $26.20 U.S. for a new part #200-098-606-C radio connector kit (which you will still need to hack to get the pins right!).

So, when sleds are delivered from the eStore, they'll come with the female connector, right?

(Tony, I am only half serious about the blinking lights. I have figured out, though, how to fit a cheap particle beam weapon into the pocket wired to the alarm system. Stay tuned).

Jim

Edited by jimhogan on 30/06/01 01:12 AM.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.

#33618 - 01/07/2001 20:39 Re: I need another one of those ISO adapters [Re: jimhogan]
WirelessOne
new poster

Loc: Sugar Land, TX, USA
you may pay the VW dealer $26.20 U.S. for a new part #200-098-606-C radio connector kit

O.K. I don't mind buying one, but surely I can get one for a little less than $26.20 plus S&H. Can't I just buy one from Empeg or SonicBlue? Or maybe Rob could just tell me where to order one. In fact I don't even mind making one, if I just knew where to buy the connector. Is it an AMP part?( they make almost every connector on the planet).

Later,

WirelessOne

#33619 - 02/07/2001 04:05 Re: I need another one of those ISO adapters [Re: WirelessOne]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
[email protected] will send one to you free of charge if we have any in stock. If not, they'll send one when we get some.

Rob

#33620 - 02/07/2001 12:23 Re: I need another one of those ISO adapters [Re: rob]
EngelenH
enthusiast

Loc: Belgium/Holland
In reply to:

[email protected] will send one to you free of charge if we have any in stock. If not, they'll send one when we get some.

Isn't he just adorable ? Why if he was female, i'd have to put him on my must-have list instead of the gadgetty female.

Cheers,
Hans

Mk2 - Blue & Red - 080000431