Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#354659 - 08/09/2012 00:26 BBC radio archive challenge
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
Hey guys, I have a challenge for anyone with access to BBC radio archive material, including stuff which may have never aired. Is Andy M still here, or any other BBC employee?

Back in September 2002, the BBC sent two journalists to the USA to sample the nation's greatest hot dogs, conducting audio-only interviews in the process. The journalists visited hot dog establishments in Los Angeles; Chicago; Cony Island, New York, and the tiny Alpha, New Jersey.

In Alpha, NJ, they visited Charlie's Pool Room, a hole-in-the-wall run by two brothers which produces the most amazing hot dogs. One owner of Charlie's told me the story of the BBC journalists visit, but concluded that he never received a copy of the audio broadcast and was not sure it ever aired.

So, are there any BBC employees who have access to the deep audio archives? Could this September 2002 audio interview piece on American hot dog's be buried there? Most importantly, can you get me a copy of the program so I can share it with the owner of Charlie's?

Having this audio program would brighten the day for two brothers who live entirely for creating the perfect hot dog. Thanks for any help you can provide.

#354661 - 08/09/2012 00:56 Re: BBC radio archive challenge [Re: FireFox31]
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California
Right now, I'm wishing Charlie's wasn't 3000 miles away.

#354664 - 08/09/2012 02:49 Re: BBC radio archive challenge [Re: gbeer]
Cris
pooh-bah

Loc: Leeds, UK
Were they actual BBC employees ??? Or just a production team working on behalf of the BBC ???

Maybe contacting the archive directly...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/

Cheers

Cris

#354665 - 08/09/2012 04:11 Re: BBC radio archive challenge [Re: Cris]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Tangentially, the Hot Dog of The Week feature at Serious Eats is all kinds of awesome, as is the hot dog inspired art that illustrates each doggery. The author did review Charlie's Pool Room, along with many other notable US hot dog joints.