Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#366140 - 01/03/2016 18:29 Library inventory service?
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
This is a weird one that I'm not even sure how to search for.

One of my clients is a satellite university campus, usually supporting about 20 students a semester. They have a small inventory of recording equipment and a few hundred books that they'd like to be able to keep track of and loan out to students. They'd like a system that allows the students to check the inventory online via their computers or phones, AND check those items out.

Does anyone know of a service that does this sort of thing? I'd imagine it would have to be cloud based. I doubt anyone on site would want to support a server that handled this sort of thing, which would be overkill for the small amount of stuff we're talking about.

I suppose the most basic thing would be a giant Google spreadsheet, but that seems inelegant smile

#366142 - 01/03/2016 18:41 Re: Library inventory service? [Re: Dignan]
drakino
carpal tunnel

My initial thought went right to Delicious Library: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delicious_Library

Could be a good seed point for more research, as the wikpedia article mentions some similar software. While Delicious Library and others are geared towards personal use, most had lending tracking built in too. Might lead you to some other more appropriate solutions for this client.

#366149 - 02/03/2016 13:46 Re: Library inventory service? [Re: Dignan]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Thanks, Tom! Unfortunately I'm not sure they have a Mac that they can dedicate to this purpose. But I'll start there and look around.

BTW, I like your new sig. That was a great episode.