Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#400 - 23/08/1999 22:03 Local Car Audio shops response to the empeg
Clarke
journeyman

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ USA
I was out interviewing car audio shops in the San Jose, CA, USA, area about doing an install of my empeg into my BMW. Anyway, the first shop I went to, I'm talking with the manager about what I want to do and he asks me what kind of head unit I'm going to be connecting to this stuff.

My answer is one you have never seen before. I almost got him to make a bet that he hadn't seen it but he was smart and didn't take it. (darn).

Anyway, I pull it out and he's like all over it. I ended up taking the head unit and docking station into the back area of the shop and hooking it up to their test bench and running it through it's paces (sounds much better without the cassette interface - and it already sounded good). The first question once we got past the basics was:
a) where could they get one?
b) am I selling them? (good idea, Hugo do you need a reseller here in the states?
c) how much does it cost
d) how many songs can you put in one again? Really? No way!

When I told them that they could store over 5000 songs on a fully configured unit they about s**t a brick. They sell the Clarion Auto-PC there and the comments about the empeg vs. that had the empeg winning. They were very impressed by the overall quality of the manufacturing and the components. They liked the quality of the pre-amp connectors. The visualizations went over really well too.

Anyway, thought you might be interested in a car audio shops impression.

Cheers,

=-Clarke

______________________________________ Queue 351, Mk I, 30GB Mk II #60000022 80gb, Blue - docked Mk2a, 80GB, Bruface, lighted buttons and dial

#401 - 24/08/1999 16:18 Re: Local Car Audio shops response to the empeg [Re: Clarke]
Chris
new poster

Loc: Vancouver, WA USA
Sounds familiar, when I got my player a couple weeks ago, I did some interviewing in the Portland area. I had such an incredible response, I am already making a list of people to market this to when I start purchasing quantities.

Great product!

Chris George (Reg #41, S/N 00021)
Client/Server Developer
Chris George (Reg #41, S/N 00021)
Client/Server Developer

#402 - 26/08/1999 15:45 Re: Local Car Audio shops response to the empeg [Re: Clarke]
Mark
new poster

Loc: S.F. Bay Area, CA
Clarke,

I'm just north of you (Palo Alto area) and would love to see a real live Empeg in action.

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. Does the WWWThreads system have a way to respond privately to posts?