Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#42763 - 19/10/2001 16:45 Volume Bug and some song bugs
ShadowMan
addict

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
I haven't seen these mentioned yet so here goes...

I have my volume set to stop at 0db. However when the volume is near or at 0db I get awful clipping noises as if it was in overdrive.

Is it possible that the volume is merely compressed into the -xx to 0 range from the previous -xx to +10 (??) overdrive range?

The reason I noticed this is that I play my empeg through another headunit and I keep the empeg at 0db and use the other headunit for the volume control.

Also...

I have hit many bad mp3s that played fine previously. and there have been time when my player just hung at the beginning of a song... waiting a little while (1 or 2 minutes sometimes) and it starts playing. Also if I hit the top button on the empeg it will start playing as if it was paused, however there was no pause symbol and this was just another track in a playlist that I was already listening to.

Six hours on the road helps to find some bugs. :)

Thanks.

Rene

#170... I got SN: 080000101 12 gig Blue!

#42764 - 19/10/2001 17:45 Re: Volume Bug and some song bugs [Re: ShadowMan]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The clipping could be one of the known bugs in version 2.0. It will probably only happen on some songs, and replacing those songs (right click on the tune in Emplode hit, "replace tune", and select the file from your PC again) will fix the problem. Actually, there is nothing wrong with the song file itself, its metadata is messed up and replacing the song refreshes the metadata.

Another reason something might clip is if you have applied too much loudness and boosted certain bands of the equalizer. If you run the player at 0db, then any boosted frequencies bands will clip if they are loud enough. See the FAQ section of the Riocar.org site for a discussion of the equalizer and how it works.