Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#42820 - 19/10/2001 22:00 Playlisy on serial
karimg
new poster

I don't know if this has already been requested, but here it is:
I need the ability to downloaed the whole playlist (FID, title, artist, genre) by sending a specific command through the serial connection.

#42821 - 20/10/2001 03:02 Re: Playlisy on serial [Re: karimg]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Download the database in CSV, store that somewhere, then look things up in it by FID. Or did you need something more specific?

-- roger

#42822 - 20/10/2001 09:47 Re: Playlisy on serial [Re: Roger]
karimg
new poster

Yes, I wanted to download the list through the serial connection if possible. I'm using a Palm application (http://www.psibits.com/PalmEmpeg) to control the Empeg device through a serial cable. The one thing I need now, is to be able to read a list of all songs from the serial connection without having to export it using emptool then send it to Palm.

#42823 - 22/10/2001 06:23 Re: Playlisy on serial [Re: Roger]
Dearing
addict

Loc: Florida
It would be great to get the CURRENT plylist, can't remember what you guys call it...but if the player could respond to a certain serial command by spitting out the entire current play order, just by fids if necessary, then any program listening to the serial port could show full Now&Next info including ALL info for that track, say, while a full screen vis was running on empeg.
I think that what he wants. I know I'd like it.

_~= Dearing =~_
"WAY too happy about having #99."