Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#434 - 30/08/1999 13:18 Kernel32.dll errors with Emplode
Geoff
enthusiast

Loc: Northern Ireland
I just got my Empeg-car today and Win95 doesn't want to let me enjoy life to the full (I always knew Bill was listening when I cursed Microsoft..!)

When I try to run Emplode I get errors stating "The EMPLODE.EXE file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:Cancell o." and "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

Has anyone else encountered this? I think kernel32.dll is responsible for lots of the problems I have with Win95, but they don't stop me getting music into my Empeg!! At the minute I'm stuck with the one the Empeg guys supplied (not that it's not a good track, but it's only one tune, and I'll drive the family batty with it before long!)

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful to hear them.

Thanks

Geoff
---- -------
Reg No. 554, s/n 00064 - It's mine I tell you.... all mine :)
Mk2 Red - was 12GB, now 60GB

#435 - 30/08/1999 16:33 Re: Kernel32.dll errors with Emplode [Re: Geoff]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
I have not seen Emplode work at all under W95, when I tried it to do a serial port connection I had exactly this error. You will definitely not get the USB connection to work with W95.

When I upgraded to W98 both serial and USB worked (this should be no surprise really, empeg have never claimed that emplode works under W95).

The serial port access does work under NT4.

__
Unit serial number 47 (was 330 in the queue)...