Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#442 - 01/09/1999 17:46 web page for queue number?
pharf
new poster

Loc: california, usa
I'm willing to be that enough people have forgotten what number they were or misplaced it somewhere. I think it might be nice to see a webpage (at empeg) that allows a user to enter their email address and some info (for verification) that will tell them what number they are in the queue. It probably wouldn't take that much time to put together and would probably get rid of a lot of annoying requests for queue posititions (like mine...)

I hope this is an original idea and that someone hasn't already suggested it in a post. Sorry if that's the case.

Pharf

#443 - 01/09/1999 21:19 Re: web page for queue number? [Re: pharf]
dmoore
journeyman

Loc: Houston, Tx, Usa
This was a previous question - if you want to know your position in line just simply go to the "sign up" page and sign-up again with the SAME email address you used the first time. It will let you know that you are already signed up and your slot number.

David

#444 - 02/09/1999 17:05 Re: web page for queue number? [Re: dmoore]
hx009
new poster

Funny, I've been subscribed to the interest list for over 8 months, and when I signed up again it said "thanks for your interest! you're now signed up!". I'm going to be mighty upset if I lost my queue position thanks to your post.

#445 - 02/09/1999 17:17 Re: web page for queue number? [Re: hx009]
dmoore
journeyman

Loc: Houston, Tx, Usa
Well Gee... I guess you should have SAVED your entry just like the rest of us, or at least myself. I was just recounting what was already stated from the Empeg folks. Next time I'll put a disclaimer on my posts!

#446 - 03/09/1999 00:52 Re: web page for queue number? [Re: hx009]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
The interest list only gets you the newsletters - if you wanted a queue position, you need to be registered, which consists of us taking name, address, telephone number and then sending you a queue position. If you didn't get a registration number, then you didn't register I'm afraid :(

Hugo

#447 - 03/09/1999 03:49 Re: web page for queue number? [Re: altman]
hx009
new poster

Wait..... whats going on here? Isn't the "register my interest" button on empeg.com and subscribing to the newsletter one and the same thing??? If so, I did that well over 6-8 months ago (providing name, address, blah blah). I never received any type of registration number (not even yesterday when I followed that other guy's directions and re-registered).

#448 - 03/09/1999 06:04 Re: web page for queue number? [Re: hx009]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
No: newsletter subscrption is from mailing announce@... register my interest should have got a reply if your email address entered is working. Any problems - mail [email protected] as he guards the databases :)

Hugo

#449 - 03/09/1999 08:34 Re: web page for queue number? [Re: hx009]
eoghain
new poster

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Just thought I'd try to clear some things up here. I tried using this method to check what my registration number was a month or so, and I was dissapointed to find out that I got reassigned a new number in the 9000's, when my original number was 451. Turns out when I re-registered I used a different address than the one I used originally. So if you happen to have a couple of email address's make sure that you are using the correct one. Also don't worry if this is what happened to you, you won't loose your original place.

Eoghain

#450 - 03/09/1999 09:52 Re: web page for queue number? [Re: altman]
pharf
new poster

I'm just concerned because I'm not sure I didn't register with my old work address. I no longer work at that company, so I can't re-register to check to see what response I get. I don't have any email confirmation cause I hosed my hard drive and lost everything. Unfortunately I didn't have it backed up.

I've dropped a note to rob@empeg, but I'm sure he's swamped with similar emails so I'm not expecting much.

That's why I thought a quickie web page that hit the db to look up info would be useful. Something that requested your email address and zip code (those would probably be best to avoid typo errors that could screw up the query) and would return whether you had registered, what number, etc, in the form of another web page.

Obviously in my case, if I registered with my old work address, getting an email sent there would do me no good.

Pharf

#451 - 03/09/1999 10:24 Re: web page for queue number? [Re: altman]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Hi,

I just attempted the same thing (re-registering my email address) and received the same result:
Thank you for filling in the registration form on our webpage.
We will then mail you weekly to let you know how things are getting on.

...And I know i've registered correctly because I had asked my position number previously and had received it.
-mark

#452 - 07/09/1999 09:48 Re: web page for queue number? [Re: altman]
pharf
new poster

Re-registering worked fine. It just takes a while to send you a response email, and it does indeed tell you what number you were registered at.

---example---
We have received your recent registration, however according to our records
your details have already been entered into our database.

Your previous registration number is: 0001
-------------

Pharf