Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#44217 - 29/10/2001 20:06 USB Synch error under XP
Diznario
enthusiast

Loc: Portland OR
Using emplode 2.0b3, on Windows XP, USB synchronization fails with an error.

(See attached screenshot)

Attachments
43119-SynchError.gif (124 downloads)

#44218 - 29/10/2001 23:15 Re: USB Synch error under XP [Re: Diznario]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Others have reported using XP just fine. Can you check some things?

- Do you have any other USB devices you can test to see if XP is properly handling your USB ports?

- Do you see any Little Yellow Boo Boo Icons in Device Manager?

- Can you see if other connection methods (serial/ethernet) work?

#44219 - 30/10/2001 17:08 Re: USB Synch error under XP [Re: tfabris]
Diznario
enthusiast

USB-

I do have two USB devices typically installed on my system. An APC Back-UPS pro 500, and a MS Intellimouse Optical. Both work fine, but I did have to unplug one of them to connect the empeg. (I chose the UPS)

Also, when I first connected the unit via USB, a popup window in the system tray told me Windows had detected new hardware, and that it was installing the drivers for it. It detected it as a "Rio Car", gave me a warning that the drivers had not passed XP certification, and asked me if I was sure I wanted them to be installed. I said yes. Now that I think about, I have no idea where it got the suposed drivers from, or what exactly they were. I have since unpluged and repluged the unit via USB, and do not get the popups anymore.

Little Yellow Boo Boo Icons-

Yes, I do have 1 "Unknown Device", but as far as I know, this is the TV tuner/Extra Shwag of my 3DFX VooDoo 3500. This showed up when I installed the latest psudo 3DFX WinXP drivers, that do not have TV out support. As a side note, everything else does seem to be working with the card, including glide.

Other Connections-

Yes, Ethernet and serial both appear to be working fine.

#44220 - 30/10/2001 21:12 Re: USB Synch error under XP [Re: Diznario]
Terminator
old hand

Loc: Dallas, TX
I don't use usb, so I could be wrong, but arent you supposed to say no when the driver box pops up?

Sean

#44221 - 30/10/2001 21:57 Re: USB Synch error under XP [Re: Diznario]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Now that I think about, I have no idea where it got the suposed drivers from, or what exactly they were.

They were installed when you ran the setup for Emplode.

If you did things in the right order (installed emplode before plugging in the player for the first time) then everything is as it should be.

#44222 - 31/10/2001 11:33 Re: USB Synch error under XP [Re: tfabris]
Diznario
enthusiast

If you did things in the right order (installed emplode before plugging in the player for the first time) then everything is as it should be.

Yes, I did in fact install emplode first.

If I hadn't installed emplode first, would it have detected it as "Unknown USB device" or something...? Not sure where is pulls that info from...