I have a couple of questions/comments on the Sony Stalk Interface implementation.

I note that the current implementation in 2.00 beta 3 and 1.03 don't make use of the 'shift' functionality in the Stalk controller other than for the track/station preset forward back.

As I recall the Sony stalk interface reports different values depending on whether the volume knob is pushed in at the same time as the other buttons are pressed or not. This makes the Volume button work like a shift key when pressed in [this is how the push and turn functions on the ring are implemented].

Normally this is only used as I said before to turn the track forward/back [on the ring below the Volume knob] to either the visual forward/back or Preset forward/back depending on the source on the empeg at the time.

However if you could press and hold the volume knob in and then press one of the other buttons on the stalk [such as the ones used for menu and cancel and shuffle] - which is easy to do with one hand without needing to be a contortionist, you could get 3 more buttons available to the software to use [probably lesser used functions].

The same could go for the 'Pause' button and probably the 'change source' button on the end of the Volume knob. Although they are not so easy to push and reach at the same time.

You can't 'shift' the Off button - it always works as the Off button I believe but someone may be able to contradict that, and if so, then you have another button.

So, can anyone give some idea if it would be possible in the software or using a cunning hack like mlord breakout menus etc to be able to make use of these additional 'buttons' on the stalk interface somehow?

It seems a real waste to have the stalk control and not use it to the max as its sooo convenient I find.