Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#457 - 03/09/1999 11:46 Forgive my stupidity - How do you FIND & PLAY a song?
GeorgeLSJr
enthusiast

Loc: Sayreville, New Jersey USA
Pretty basic question, I know. But, I've been searching through the boards trying to find out how I would find and play a particular song I wanted to hear. If I've got 5000 (no, I don't, but since that's the current limit, I thought that was a good choice) songs to look through, how do I get the unit to play the song I want to hear? Is there a way to type in the artist? The song title? Does the unit list the songs in the playlist alphabetically on the display, so I can just browse through them and then select the one I want? How's this work?

I don't own a unit yet, but this question has been bugging me for a while now and is pretty much the only thing holding me back from ordering one.

Thanks!

George

#458 - 03/09/1999 14:18 Re: Forgive my stupidity - How do you FIND & PLAY a song? [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Currently, it's a pain to find an *individual* song. The features on the wishlist include a "match as you type" mode for title and artist, allowing you to "type" the artist name using the ABC DEF number keys etc on the remote. It does a spread match, so you don't have to press 2 three times to get 'C', you just do the whole name and it works out what in the database matches and displays the current matches on the screen - you can then browse the list and select the track you want.

Sooner than that will be the "select by PIN" feature, which allows you direct access to a song, playlist, or group of playlists (great for when you need cool music *now* before you cruise past someone ;) ).

Hugo

#459 - 04/09/1999 14:21 Re: Forgive my stupidity - How do you FIND & PLAY a song? [Re: altman]
GeorgeLSJr
enthusiast

Loc: Sayreville, New Jersey USA
Does the unit organize the playlist by track number? Meaning, if I put all my songs in a single playlist and alphabetized them, could I print out a list of those songs, be able to just type in the track number and have it play that song? I think I could live with that, if that were the case.

George

#460 - 05/09/1999 06:59 Re: Forgive my stupidity - How do you FIND & PLAY a song? [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Not currently, no: we don't have a concept of "track number" - this is pretty limiting. You'll be able to browse all the songs alphabetically anyway in later releases, along with browsing sources (ie, album titles) and artists.

hugo