Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#46897 - 16/11/2001 10:19 1.03, is deleting a file absolute?
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Lately, (after 1.03 install) deleting an item doesn't move it to "Unlisted Items" anymore.... Am I doing something wrong? I have checked and checked to see if the file hides in any other playlist...

#46898 - 16/11/2001 10:30 Re: 1.03, is deleting a file absolute? [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Deleting an item should never have moved it to Unlisted Items (or Unattached Items or whatever that folder is called on your system--- did you know you can rename it?).

If you deleted an item and it appeared there, then something else was wrong. It should have disappeared from the player when you deleted it from the last playlist. Generally, it indicates something is wrong with the database when something shows up there.

It's likely that your upgrade to 1.03 merely fixed whatever bug was allowing the file to remain.

Now, in the case of 2.0 and later, there isn't even an Unattached Items folder any more at all. Now there's a set of Soup views which show every file on the player, whether it's in a playlist or not.

#46899 - 16/11/2001 10:46 Re: 1.03, is deleting a file absolute? [Re: tfabris]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Thanks! I only noticed a change in behavior - I guess now, it is "fixed"!

Can the "soup" View be edited at all, or at least copied (such as copying an entire artist) as a playlist and THEN edited?

Or.... I could just wait for 2.0 full release and find out for myself!

#46900 - 16/11/2001 14:34 Re: 1.03, is deleting a file absolute? [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
Or you could upgrade now and put up with the very few bugs there are now.
For the lowdown, have a read of the release notes. They're not quite complete but it should give you a pretty good idea.