Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#477 - 04/09/1999 06:27 Beta6
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Just a quick note (it's been said already in the bugs forum) - Beta6 is now available for download from http://www2.empeg.com/upgrades/ - this adds some froody stuff to the tuner, plus play-by-year (yes, make sure all your tunes have the years on them :) ) and new visuals including a tune information one.

We'll be doing a mailing to all customers on Monday, but those reading this here can go and get it first!

Hugo

#478 - 09/09/1999 15:27 Re: Beta6 [Re: altman]
GeorgeLSJr
enthusiast

Loc: Sayreville, New Jersey USA
I know this is like asking when I'm going to get my unit, but is there any idea as to when a non-beta version of the software will be released? I'd prefer to wait until that's released (like many others) before I order mine.

George

#479 - 09/09/1999 19:41 Re: Beta6 [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
CHiP
enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I dont' think you have to wait. The beta versions work just fine. Don't worry, it wont delete your mp3s. :) Besides you can help them come up with new ideas by suggesting and asking for things you want to see in the player during the beta stages.

-CHiP

#480 - 10/09/1999 02:02 Re: Beta6 [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Hugo, what level of "completeness" of the empeg s/w will you regard as 1st release quality? Do you have:

- a minimum feature set
- minimum bug-fix list
- proposed release date

for V1.0? What are your "release" criteria?

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#481 - 10/09/1999 10:26 Re: Beta6 [Re: schofiel]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
We do have criteria for our first "non-beta" release, yes. Stability and usability are the main ones - the actual featureset isn't public at the moment, but there's lots of good stuff in there.

It'll become release when we're ready - I expect there to be at least 4 more betas before release as new features get added and tested. Our only deadline is that the next batch will ship with the release code (obviously, development doesn't end there - there will be betas and releases after that too).

Hugo

#482 - 10/09/1999 12:21 Re: Beta6 [Re: altman]
GeorgeLSJr
enthusiast

Loc: Sayreville, New Jersey USA
The one feature I really want is to be able to (fairly) easily find one song. That's my criteria, hehe.

I definitely like your vagueness (no sarcasm). Although it didn't give a time frame, it did give an idea of what you expect before release, as well as a bit of a "target" that you're aiming for.

George