Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#48015 - 26/11/2001 18:50 2.0b3 question on session cookies
Allen
new poster

Has anyone else experienced problems with the session cookies? Is there any way to disable their use?

I lost 3 hours worth of track clean-up work to the session cookie - Sync in car to laptop, go off edit, come back and BLAMO, no sync allowed due to session cookie mismatch.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or am I the only one with a player install that doesn't allow for great freedom in removing the player from the car and therefore am the only one using this sync method?

-Allen

#48016 - 26/11/2001 19:51 Re: 2.0b3 question on session cookies [Re: Allen]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
It's not so much as a bug as an unfinished feature. The purpose is to stop someone on a network fiddling with your empeg and deleting all your tracks. Unfortunately, It can have problems it left for some time, or even a few minutes.
I lost some re-catagorization of tracks due to the cookie error just recently. I havent doe it again yet because its a bit like eating your own vomit.

The team is aware of the problem and will be rectifying/making it work better, soon.

#48017 - 26/11/2001 19:57 Re: 2.0b3 question on session cookies [Re: Allen]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Confucious say: Synch early, synch often, especially with BETA SOFTWARE.