Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#49498 - 10/12/2001 02:02 Player information in /procs subdir
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Stated here.

What I'm after is basically a table of info & stats about what the player is doing (e.g. Status=Starting, Playing, Paused, Synch, etc.) and supporting info (e.g if Status = Play or Pause, then Track = FID value).

As was also suggested by yn0t_, the current timecode value could also be dumped so that you could access the position in the playing song, find the remaining time, and other info.

By revealing this sort of info, external processes can get at it without affecting the player by using the OS directly to get hold of published process info.
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#49499 - 10/12/2001 02:38 Re: Player information in /procs subdir [Re: schofiel]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
If someone outside of the empeg team knocked up a kernel patch to provide at empeg_info driver that did all the /proc side of things then that would be half the work done for them, then the player would just need to call some IOCTLS or whatever to post the info.

N.B. I'm not volunteering I'm afraid, my C skills only stretch to reading someone else's code and saying "hmmm, that doesn't look right, pehaps I should add an extra dereference here..."

#49500 - 10/12/2001 09:17 Re: Player information in /procs subdir [Re: schofiel]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
As was also suggested by yn0t_, the current timecode value could also be dumped so that you could access the position in the playing song, find the remaining time, and other info.

Yeah, and the lyrics scroller I'm working on would actually be useful!