Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#51835 - 26/12/2001 13:13 Seek Tool Broken?
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Okiedoke after all my raving about how cool the seek tool is, I think it's not working for me anymore. Like at all. When I'm in seek mode, all of my tracks show "00:00:00" for the current position timecode in the top left (the proper duration timecode shows up in the top right). Turning the knob correctly scans quickly though the song, but the "phrase graph" of the song doesn't show up, and the flashing graph cursor just sits there on the far left of the display.

Anyone else seen this? Not sure what changed, or what made this happen...

#51836 - 26/12/2001 13:22 Re: Seek Tool Broken? [Re: tonyc]
TommyE
enthusiast

Loc: NORWAY
I think you have to play the song thru once, before you can use the scan mode.

TommyE

#51837 - 26/12/2001 13:26 Re: Seek Tool Broken? [Re: TommyE]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Yeah of course but it's not even updating the display of the graph. And the timecode isn't incrementing like it used to. I know that it won't have the "phrases" identified until you play through once...

Actually you inspired me to switch to a song which I know had been played once while the seek tool was working. Well the graph comes up with all the pretty blocks where the phrases are. And hitting left/right switches between them just fine, and the knob acts as a "jog dial" like it's supposed to. But the display still isn't updating. Timecode reads all zeroes and the blinkie cursor isn't moving along the graph.

EDIT: Well just to mess around I switched to Auxiliary source and back, and now the graph is working again. But I am certain there is a bug there. I know this feature is very new and known to be buggy, but I wanted to make sure the team knows about this particular problem. I wonder what I did which caused it to go funky... Well, seems to be good now.

Edited by yn0t_ (26/12/2001 13:29)

#51838 - 26/12/2001 13:35 Re: Seek Tool Broken? [Re: tonyc]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yes, Rob said there were still some known bugs in the Seek tool. We'll see what happens on the next code drop.

#51839 - 26/12/2001 13:40 Re: Seek Tool Broken? [Re: tfabris]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Bugs or not, it's one of the neatest and most innovative things I've ever seen on any music player. If the "breakpoints" were editable by the user afterwards, it'd be even better. Ever since I got beta7 running I haven't even worried about visuals, I just leave the seek screen up watching all the pretty graphs get generated. That thing has alot of potential.