Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#59219 - 15/01/2002 13:53 Search your MP3s with the RioCar itself?
jnmunsey

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
Maybe this is a crazy question, but a feature I thought would be nice and possible with the Rio would be to search for a particular song, whether by artist, title, keyword, etc..

Does this exist?

For me I have so much music I don't really know what I have. If I want to find "Me So Horny" by 2 live crew it would be nice to go to the "search" menu and key in "horny" and then get the result(s) and then select the song and play it.. I am not talking about searching using Emplode rather while sitting in my car...

So, how about it?

#59220 - 15/01/2002 13:56 Re: Search your MP3s with the RioCar itself? [Re: jnmunsey]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
You have GOT to read the FAQ over at RioCar.org before you get eaten alive here! hehe. This is one of the powerful features of the RioCar and the FAQ will show you how to do it and a million other things.

A better question: Why 2-Live Crew? I think you'd be better off searching for Eazy-E's Gimme That Nut.

EDIT: Here is a direct link to the RioCar FAQ. This FAQ is great. Someone just called it "pure gold" today and I'd have to agree. This isn't like usless FAQ that you may be used to from other sites.. FAQ.

How to Search with the player: http://www.riocar.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=2#122

Edited by SE_Sport_Driver (15/01/2002 14:03)

#59221 - 15/01/2002 14:01 Re: Search your MP3s with the RioCar itself? [Re: jnmunsey]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
So I take it that you've never read the manual, or tried pressing the SEARCH button on the remote control more than once?

Your first mission will be to read this, followed by the rest of this.

Enjoy!

#59222 - 15/01/2002 14:05 Re: Search your MP3s with the RioCar itself? [Re: tfabris]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Dang it! I'm still getting a hang of the UBBCode's URL function...

#59223 - 15/01/2002 14:09 Re: Search your MP3s with the RioCar itself? [Re: jnmunsey]
rtundo
addict

Loc: Albany, NY
Hint: Check out the remote control features

#59224 - 15/01/2002 15:07 Re: Search your MP3s with the RioCar itself? [Re: rtundo]
jnmunsey

Thanks, I meant to check the FAQ first but I forget stuff a lot..

But, is there a way to search without the remote?? I was really hoping to search using the unit's front panel.. It looks like I can't..

#59225 - 15/01/2002 15:26 Re: Search your MP3s with the RioCar itself? [Re: jnmunsey]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
At the moment (v2b7) you can only browse playlists to select tracks. In a future release, you'll be able to select tracks via a soup view menu as per emplode.

#59226 - 15/01/2002 15:29 Re: Search your MP3s with the RioCar itself? [Re: jnmunsey]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
But, is there a way to search without the remote? I was really hoping to search using the unit's front panel.

Yes, you can search by scrolling through the playlists. This is not an "alphanumeric search" but it's a search. If your playlists don't happen to be arranged by artist and album, it's not my fault.

In the future, the "Soup" views (also in the FAQ) will be implemented on the player's front panel and those will allow you to scroll through by artist, album, track name, year, and genre.

#59227 - 15/01/2002 15:35 Re: Search your MP3s with the RioCar itself? [Re: tfabris]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Somewhat related: You will also be able to search via emplode (the PC program you use to load music onto the player) with the next release (currently in Beta). This is great for parties when you have the RioCar hooked to a stereo and someone wants to hear a particular song. You can call it up and schedule it to play after the current song without interupting play.

#59228 - 15/01/2002 16:21 Re: Search your MP3s with the RioCar itself? [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
jnmunsey

I was kinda bummed learning I could not do an alphanum search without the remote because I wanted to keep the remote in my house, but remembered i have one of those fancy Sony learning remotes! It is all programmed now and works great!

I need to wired up one of those IR transmitters(mounted right next to the Rio) hooked to a wired controller so I can control the Rio without using the IR remote.. I guess one of many possible solutions to using something other than the standard remote..