Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6220 - 14/10/1999 08:26 Shuffle Behaviour
NasalGoat

Loc: Toronto, ON, Canada
One thing I've always hated about most head units is that, once shut off, the shuffle feature is turned off (ie. I'll stop at a store, and come out and have to press shuffle again to get it randomize).

I believe the unit remembers to shuffle, but I would also like it to remember *which tracks it has played already*. That way I won't get repeats between boots.

It may do this already - I would just like to confirm. I don't know because my install is taking forever... :)

#6221 - 14/10/1999 11:37 Re: Shuffle Behaviour [Re: NasalGoat]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Shuffle doesn't (currently) work like CD players: basically, when you pick a playlist with the shuffle flag turned on, the playlist is built, shuffled, and saved - so it persists across boots and you won't hear the same stuff twice.

However, this also means that turning shuffle off during play has no affect whatsoever - it only affects the order the playlist is built in when you select a new one.

We're looking at the options on this, and it may change. We will ensure that it does behave sensibly across boots though.

Hugo