Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6246 - 18/10/1999 02:58 Track grouping
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
To parallel the various ideas for playlists playing as a single track, here's another threepence h'penny's worth...

A lot of albums have this "seamless track" idea where several tracks run into each other, Pink Floyd's stuff being the good example. However, not all of them have the entire *album* grouped together; I have got a few which group together maybe two or three tracks and the rest are just conventional, stand-alone tracks.

So I wish...

1) I could selectively group specified tracks with no breaks (at list construction time only), rather than an entire playlist

2) Change the playlist's grouping characteristics *after* the list has been created, rather than have to re-create the entire list again.

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#6247 - 18/10/1999 06:44 Re: Track grouping [Re: schofiel]
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
A lot of albums have this "seamless track" idea where several tracks run into each other, Pink Floyd's stuff being the good example. However, not all of them have the entire *album* grouped together; I have got a few which group together maybe two or three tracks and the rest are just conventional, stand-alone tracks.

The best way to express this is to create a playlist inside the playlist for the album just containin gtracks you want to play together. If you mark this "play as one" then in the future it will be played as a single track - once we get round to implementing it :-)

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)

#6248 - 18/10/1999 08:10 Re: Track grouping [Re: schofiel]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
You *can* change flags on playlists (and tunes, etc) once they've been created - right-click then pick properties, or alt+enter when it's selected.

Hugo

#6249 - 18/10/1999 08:47 Re: Track grouping [Re: altman]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Umm - wouldn't let me do it this morning, either for track or parent playlist!

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015