Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6756 - 12/02/2000 07:13 no more din
Qbus
new poster

could there be a way to make a mount for the empeg that would go under the dash. like a cb radio or scanner. also do you have to take the radio if you all ready have one or will it be optional?

#6757 - 12/02/2000 07:32 Re: no more din [Re: Qbus]
Lord Bleys

I can tell you from experience that the sled, itself, is VERY sturdy. (I had one heck of a time getting it in my dash because it wouldn't flex -- ended up milling out part of the dash. =]) So, if you wanted to have the Empeg under the dash all you'd have to do is get creative.

You could do some drilling in the sled's sides and then bolt a harness (just like under-the-dash CB's use) onto the sled ... then detach and mount the harness wherever you like. Once done, simply re-attach the sled.

If you wanted a more professional look you could build a small enclosure (out of your favorite material) for the sled and THEN do your hole-boring and bolting...

I don't recommend it, though. You wouldn't want your passenger(s) to miss all the cool visuals, would you???

-- Bleys

"If you would judge, understand." -- Seneca