Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6969 - 29/03/2000 22:11 What about defaulting to Now and Next?
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I've come to depend upon the Now and Next display. I really like it. Great feature.

As I said before, I understand the reasons for defaulting to the info:track display in the car, and I don't mind it. But since the Now and Next display is also just a text screen, how about this?:

If the unit is powered up in the car, and its last mode was the Now and Next display, then put it on that. Otherwise, put it on info:track as you did before. That way, it keeps the visuals off the screen still, but gives us "Now and Next" fans the ability to keep it there if we like it.

Perhaps you've already discussed this, and decided against it. That's fine, too. I just thought it might be cool.

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144

#6970 - 29/03/2000 23:56 Re: What about defaulting to Now and Next? [Re: tfabris]
Henno
addict

Loc: Meije, Netherlands
If ( . . ) last mode was the Now and Next display, then put it on that. Otherwise, put it on info:track as you did before.

Makes sense, but it why just for 'Now and Next' ? I'd be quite happy if it would default to the last selected info screen on start-up.
I also suggest you (empeg friends) take a good look at ceadurus' suggestion for Visual/info selection to also keep track of tha last selected visual. He suggested, quite reasonably I think, to:

- show the last visual when 'DNPP' is pressed and Emma is displaying an info screen, and
- switch to the last selected info screen on a 'D-M DCH' press while a visual is up

Henno
# 00120 (6GB+18)

#6971 - 30/03/2000 08:27 Re: What about defaulting to Now and Next? [Re: Henno]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Makes sense, but it why just for 'Now and Next' ? I'd be quite happy if it would default to the last selected info screen on start-up.

Because there are only two full-screen static text displays: "Now and Next" and "Track". The third shows a visual.

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144

#6972 - 30/03/2000 10:15 Re: What about defaulting to Now and Next? [Re: tfabris]
Henno
addict

there are ( . . ) two full-screen static text displays: "Now and Next" and "Track". The third shows a visual.

Exactly, that's why it would Emma to default to the last selected full info screen on start-up, rather than a fixed "Now and Next" screen.
BTW: Did you have a look at Ceaderus' suggestion? Makes sense, doesn't it? If implemented there is no longer a need for the 'no-info' info screen either!

If only the lawyers will allow so

Henno
# 00120 (6GB+18)

#6973 - 30/03/2000 10:18 Re: What about defaulting to Now and Next? [Re: Henno]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

to default to the last selected full info screen on start-up, rather than a fixed "Now and Next" screen.

You didn't read my original message carefully. I wasn't talking about always defaulting to only Now and Next. I meant: If Now and Next was the last screen, then default to that. If it wasn't, then go to the Track screen.

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144

#6974 - 30/03/2000 14:03 Re: What about defaulting to Now and Next? [Re: tfabris]
Henno
addict

You didn't read my original message carefully.

I looked your message up, Ton and YYR ('Yes You're Right'), we're talking about the same thing (at least until someone invents a new info screen)
Would be nice and easy, wouldn't it

Henno
# 00120 (6GB+18)

#6975 - 15/07/2000 10:06 Re: What about defaulting to Now and Next? [Re: tfabris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

If the unit is powered up in the car, and its last mode was the Now and Next display, then put it on that. Otherwise, put it on info:track as you did before. That way, it keeps the visuals off the screen still, but gives us "Now and Next" fans the ability to keep it there if we like it.

On my trip this last week, I came to realize that this feature was implemented and working perfectly. It's one of those things that's so transparent, you don't realize it's happening unless you're thinking about it.

So when did you guys sneak it in there, and why didn't you tell us?

#6976 - 15/07/2000 10:25 Re: What about defaulting to Now and Next? [Re: tfabris]
squish
new poster

Is it really working perfectly? It seems to work most of the time, but will revert to single track info some of the time. I haven't noticed a pattern yet, so it may be random or some combination of standby/power off that makes it happen.

Sue.

MK1 #00041 MK2 #060000023
MK1 #00041 MK2 #060000023

#6977 - 18/07/2000 07:05 Re: What about defaulting to Now and Next? [Re: squish]
Dearing
addict

Loc: Florida
Is it really working perfectly? It seems to work most of the time, but will revert to single track info some of the time. I haven't noticed a pattern yet, so it may be random or some combination of standby/power off that makes it happen.

I've noticed this intermittent track info/now&next switch, too. I never use standby mode, so I don't think that's it. Maybe the player just doesn't always save the state of the info display, and it goes to track info by default?

_~= Dearing =~_
"WAY too happy about having #99."