Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#69831 - 11/02/2002 13:56 WOW this thing is amazing
Cris
pooh-bah

Loc: Leeds, UK
Just got my 10Gig from Carplayer today (UPS=pants). Got it out of the box and bamm, its up and runnning like a dream.

Already put the latest software onto it, much better.

I have to say what a great job, I am sure it has been said many times before, but this thing is amazing.

I can't wait to get it in the car this weekend. I have a XA300 on order for my Sony Head unit and all the rest of the bits are ready to go (inc a very nice custom dual ISO lead to power both units)

Anyway, thank you again to all those who helped create with wonderful device, right where did I put that mp3 encoder.....

Cris.

#69832 - 11/02/2002 14:10 Re: WOW this thing is amazing [Re: Cris]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
[obligatory response]
Congratulations on your new toy!
[/obligatory response]

You should have encoded your MP3's while waiting for your player! Saves on the agony of having it sitting there with no music and drooling all over it. I'm not certain Empeg support will take in units that have been drooled on, but they're generally pretty forgiving.

I am laughing so hard at the fact that you said UPS=pants. We got into a tangent about that very word today over in the Programming forum.

Anyways, welcome to the BBS, though I'm sure you'll disappear for a few weeks while you load your Empeg up and bask in its greatness.

#69833 - 11/02/2002 14:10 Re: WOW this thing is amazing [Re: Cris]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
Just got my 20 from carplayer, I had the thing running for two minutes and display goes! I took the front off and found one of the handle springs shorting some pins on an IC. Manage to remove the spring and power the player up.

All I'm left with is garbage on the screen. I am SO pissed off, my first empeg is in Cambridge for repair and my new machine machine is already knackered.

Excuse me while I go cry...

Andy M

#69834 - 11/02/2002 16:08 Re: WOW this thing is amazing [Re: Cris]
TreeRip
new poster

Loc: San Jose, CA
FWIW, you can skip the sony XA-300 if you want to assemble your own. Goto: GNUnilink home. Just dug up my PIC burner and I need to dig up enough parts for my two sony head units. Parts should be < 1/4 the cost of the $99 sony aux in unit.

Cheers!
Dave

#69835 - 11/02/2002 17:32 Re: WOW this thing is amazing [Re: Cris]
thrasher
enthusiast

mine did the same thing sent it off and had it back in four days great support on the empeg. Its worth the wait.