Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#70046 - 19/02/2002 22:28 Re: The Canadian's got ROBBED [Re: tanstaafl.]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Monday they passed a new voting system that will be voted on in July. Basically, computers will tracks all of the marks made during the actual performance. Then, the computer will randomly select only 4 judges or something.

The other judges are not being investigated because there has been no reports of them being presured. I mean you *expect* former eastern block nations to judge agsinst western countries, but France?! But wait a minute.... they wouldn't let us fly over France to attack Libya... hmm... something doesn't add up here...

"I'm French....." "But what are you doing England?" "Mind your own business!"

I agree that changing the decision does lower the value of the medal.... but it does add some faint glimor of credibility too.... Besides, what whould the Olympics be without controversy? Steroids. Male-hormones. Pay-offs from cities. etc etc

#70047 - 19/02/2002 23:04 Oh, CANADA! [Re: tanstaafl.]
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
Worst of all, I think that a terrible precedent has been established.

Well, I was ready to boycott the Olympics on principle. First, there's all this corruption. Second, there's the painful irony of having all this corruption in, of all places, Salt Lake City!!!!

Anyhow, I decided to break down this evering, drop the boycott, and tune in for a little figure skating, but, when I did, there wasn't figure skating per se, but ....

Jennifer!! Jennifer!! Jennifer Robinson!!

This is totally unfair. When are they going to resume broadcasting the *normal* Olympics again??

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.

#70048 - 20/02/2002 13:55 Re: The Canadian's got ROBBED [Re: muzza]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Supposedly, it was not another judge, but a French government official that pressured the French judge.

#70049 - 20/02/2002 14:16 Re: The Canadian's got ROBBED [Re: wfaulk]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Corruption in government officials? *GASP* Say it isn't so!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2