If this is already in the FAQ I apologize, but I could not find anything like it there.

For those of you that have the Hijack kernel this could be a very useful idea.

With Hijack you get an http server. Along with this you get the ability to browse your playlists and tunes via a web browser. The URL is a little hard for me to remember though. If you also have empegVNC installed with some oprional components you can remote control your empeg via a browser.

It seemed to e that it might be a good idea to tie this and some other information together in a pretty logical location. That is why I created a default web page for my empeg. It has links to the local resources as well as links to useful empeg web resources (such as the BBS and the FAQ).

In addition, it has a block at the bottom of the page to put your personal information in case the player falls out of your hands.

I know this is not really programming but I figured this was the most logical place to post this.

Just load this page into the root directory of the player and name it what you like. I hope you will find it useful.

NOTE: You might want to keep a copy stashed somewhere off of the empeg as well as I imagine that it will get deleted when you perform an upgrade.

Attachments
69368-IndexPage.htm (206 downloads)