Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#73114 - 19/02/2002 09:48 Ordering Playlists within Emplode
dmob
journeyman

Loc: Boston
I have searched the BBS and the RioCar FAQ and couldn't find anything on this (It's probably out there, just couldn't find it.) When adding music to emplode all of the directories that I drag in are added to the end of my main playlist 'Artist.' I like to keep my artists in alphabetical order so to do that I select one of the newly added artists and then click the UP arrow until it reaches it's new alphabetical home.

My question is this... can I accomplish this same thing by clicking and dragging? I have tried the simple click and drag but that just moves the playlist underneath another. I have also tried combining the drag with either alt or ctrl but that doesn't do the job either. Am I missing something that is incredibly obvious here?

#73115 - 19/02/2002 10:14 Re: Ordering Playlists within Emplode [Re: dmob]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I have no trouble re-ordering playlists.

In version 2.0 beta 11, Alt-dragging the playlists works for me. In version 1.03, I think there were up and down buttons available.

Make sure that you're in View/Details mode, make sure you can see the "position" column (activate it if you have to), click on the column header to sort by position, and select the parent "playlists" folder in the left-hand pane. Then, in the right-hand pane, alt-drag the playlists.

Like I said, works for me...

#73116 - 19/02/2002 10:16 Re: Ordering Playlists within Emplode [Re: dmob]
ray951
new poster

Loc: UK
Yes you are and so was I until last weekend.

If you have your 'Artist' in the right hand window, then you can easily click on said Artist and drag and drop it to the position you want.

Ray
20GB Rio Mk2a still not in Fiat Coupe, patiently awaiting for a tuner.

#73117 - 19/02/2002 10:56 Re: Ordering Playlists within Emplode [Re: tfabris]
dmob
journeyman

Loc: Boston
working now... thanks Tony.

#73118 - 19/02/2002 10:59 Re: Ordering Playlists within Emplode [Re: dmob]
guardian__J
enthusiast

Loc: MI, USA
if you want the list in the right panel to be sorted by anything, then right-click on a blank spot in that frame and choose Set Playlist Orde. Then use the drop down combo box to select the field you would like it to be sorted by and click ok.

general rule in any native Win9x app:
When in doubt, right-click. You'll find a lot more then you think.