Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#7677 - 16/02/2000 02:54 RDS only in MP3/AUX mode?
drakino
carpal tunnel

I hooked a generic antenna up to my empeg on the proper pins on the docking connector to test out my radio reception on the empeg. I went to a station that I knew had RDS, but nothing was displayed. I went through all the stations in the area and found the same thing, none displayed the RDS. Later on, after playing MP3's for a while, I decided to see what was on the radio. I switched, and instead of the station being KVUU as I manually typed it in, it was K-View. The RDS symbol was there, but disappeared less then a second of being on the tuner. Switching stations then coming back resulted in the KVUU display again. I thought it was a temporary fluke, so I pulled the power, and let it boot up, only to find the same thing. Anytime the empeg is not in the tuner (either playing MP3's or in AUX) it seems to see RDS and process it. But when the tuner is active, it can't see RDS.

I'm running the beta-9c release, I haven't downgraded to anything else to see if it works in any other version yet.

Reg 1640, 6gb Blue empeg-car mark 1. SN 00359

#7678 - 16/02/2000 15:30 Re: RDS only in MP3/AUX mode? [Re: drakino]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
I checked out the 9C radio on the way home tonight, and had no problems with it.

Are you getting good audio pickup?

Have you got INFO turned on?

Do you give at least 4 seconds for the RDS data packets to be accumulated and interpreted?

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#7679 - 16/02/2000 18:10 Re: RDS only in MP3/AUX mode? [Re: schofiel]
drakino
carpal tunnel

I have info turned on, and nothing. The little RDS symbol only appears for a fraction of a second adter switching to the tuner. I'm getting all 5 signal bars lit up on all but one local station, the other station sits at 4 bars. I've sat there for 20 mins on one station with no RDS information being displayed. Switching from Tuner to AUX then back to Tuner will change the station to the RDS name, but switching frequencies from 99.9 to 100.0 then back to 99.9, the RDS station name never comes back. I may backup my files on the player in the root partition and run the upgrade process to 9c consumer to see if that changes something. But I know it's nothing I did to the player software wise, as I haven't changed the init startup, or the player it's self yet.

Reg 1640, 6gb Blue empeg-car mark 1. SN 00359