Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#80047 - 13/03/2002 00:45 So Tony, what did you decice on?
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I'm personally considering the hp 1315 (with the built-in lcd screen..) but right now I'm trying the photosmart 100; it's a nice little printer (and I bought it beacuse it's tiny; takes up very little room (since I don't have a computer desk anymore and just use a laptop which is stored on a coffee table:) )

BUT i'm reading that cost/page might be really high on this guy; 40$ cartridge might only last for 60 prints (despite hp's claim of 200 prints...)

Anyone have any experinece w/ either the hp photosmart 100 or photosmart 1315?

-mark

#80048 - 13/03/2002 10:36 Re: So Tony, what did you decice on? [Re: dionysus]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I've decided that I'm going to try the online photo-printing services before shelling out the cash for another printer.

#80049 - 13/03/2002 13:21 Re: So Tony, what did you decice on? [Re: tfabris]
svferris
addict

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
My friend suggests EZ Prints. He said that Shutterfly actually uses their technology, so going to EZ Prints would cut out the middleman.

They do cool things like send you two 8x10 prints to use as calibration for your monitor, so that the way it looks on your screen will be exactly how it comes out when printed.

My friend showed me a pic he got printed, and it looks great. He just ordered an 11x14 print, so we'll get to see how that looks. Just for reference, he's using a Canon D30.

#80050 - 13/03/2002 13:29 Re: So Tony, what did you decice on? [Re: svferris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Their Panorama service looks REALLY interesting, as I've been experimenting with the panorama stitching feature of my camera. I had wondered how I might get prints of the panoramas, now I know.

#80051 - 13/03/2002 13:47 Re: So Tony, what did you decice on? [Re: tfabris]
svferris
addict

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
You'll have to let me know if you order one before I do.

I just signed up two nights ago and ordered the calibration images (they're free). They already sent them out, so I should probably get them today or tomorrow. I plan on printing a couple of my more favorite images and see how they come out.

I also like the feature of being able to share your gallery with friends who can then order their own sets of the prints.

#80052 - 13/03/2002 21:53 Re: So Tony, what did you decice on? [Re: dionysus]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Have you seen/read the details on the new Canon model just debuted? I caught a brief glimpse of it on Steves-Digicams. Of course I'm not sure what format you're after nor what price range you're trying to hit. The new Canon is a wide model which is very nice for outputting multi-up pages. It's also blazingly fast (when compared to many other printers).

Now if only Nikon would increase the resolution on their Pro level model cameras and lower the bloody price. I'm not too keen on the newly announced D100 (which I was hoping was going to take a seat above the D1X and H, not below).

Bruno