Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#90156 - 24/04/2002 17:27 Automatic Volume Level Adjustment..
RichC
new poster

Loc: Birmingham, England
How about an addition to Hijack(?), to use the microphone input
to monitor the background noise level in the car, and adjust the volume level accordingly.

This would be a really usefull feature, and it is something
that many in car audio systems already do.

Is this a possibility?

#90157 - 24/04/2002 17:31 Re: Automatic Volume Level Adjustment.. [Re: RichC]
acurasquirrel_
enthusiast

This has been previously discuss and I think the general thought was it wouldnt work very well. Most stereo adjust the volume based on speed not actual ambient noise. Maybe if we can get the OBD-2 stuff worked out we can implement such a feature.

#90158 - 26/04/2002 16:26 Re: Automatic Volume Level Adjustment.. [Re: acurasquirrel_]
BinaryC
journeyman

my stock amp had a neat feature where it would make the stereo louder when you lowered the top (convertible). I wonder if that would be possible with the empeg too

one thing that I'd really like to see would be to store volume adjustments for songs. So when song A comes on, it automatically raises the volume 2dB, but when song B comes on, it lowers it 1dB.

#90159 - 26/04/2002 19:31 Re: Automatic Volume Level Adjustment.. [Re: BinaryC]
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
I haven't bothered to figure out if it's doable yet, but something based on use of ID3 RVA2 tags would be useful: calculate mean amplitude of your collection, use RVA2 tags to adjust mean track amplitude to match.

One of these days I'll get 5 spare minutes and figure out why it won't work

#90160 - 26/04/2002 22:59 Re: Automatic Volume Level Adjustment.. [Re: BinaryC]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Should be possible using the Phone Mute line tied to a sensor for top up/down.
As it is people use it to switch to/from AUX IN when the phone's in use, routing the phone audio into the empeg - it should be possible to make it raise/lower the volume instead...

/Michael