Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#91447 - 01/05/2002 08:23 iPod vs Empeg...sound quality...iPod good enough?
Mario
stranger

Loc: Ireland
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering how good is the sound of an iPod when connecting this to an HIFI Amp comparing with a empeg, is there a big difference?, I'm getting my iPod (and ibook) next week and would like to know the experience of others...also if you have some experiences comparing iTunes and EAC + LAME ripping comparation, since EAC + LAME is working fantastic for me right now!!

Thanks
Mario
"Don't think you know" Lao Tzu

#91448 - 01/05/2002 08:31 Re: iPod vs Empeg...sound quality...iPod good enough? [Re: Mario]
drakino
carpal tunnel

http://MacOSXHints.com has some info on using LAME with iTunes. Overall iTunes seems to be a decent ripper and encoder already, but I haven't done any direct compairsons.

#91449 - 01/05/2002 08:55 Re: iPod vs Empeg...sound quality...iPod good enough? [Re: Mario]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
I was just wondering how good is the sound of an iPod when connecting this to an HIFI Amp comparing with a empeg, is there a big difference?

Ipod doesn't have line out, only headphone out. This probably means the Empeg will sound better.

Peter