Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#91598 - 01/05/2002 20:05 Shuffle Play Entire HD? JEMPLODE?? newbie qs
DemonSeed
journeyman

Hi
Ok I fixed the sync thing I hope..apparantly there is a flaw with USB and XP??? anyways i got like 100 cds on the HD but when i hit SHUFFLE it only shuffles thorugh 85 songs? how do i organzie it easily???? this organization thing is a pain to load....its wierd....

What is jemplode? is it better? also what is the best thing to upgrade the unit too? i seen a software app that had like um auto volumne correction?? so all songs had same volumne?? dam there is alot to learn

JIM

#91599 - 01/05/2002 20:13 Re: Shuffle Play Entire HD? JEMPLODE?? newbie qs [Re: DemonSeed]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Make sure all of your songs are in playlists. At the moment, you can only shuffle all the songs on the player if they are all in playlists. If the songs are in the soup view but not in a playlist, you can only do searches to locate them.

Once your songs are all in playlists, press the down button on the front panel three times to play the entire player contents.

Jemplode is a Java-based alternative to Emplode. Its primary advantage is that it can run on any brand of computer, for instance, Macintosh.

And yes, there are bugs when using USB on Windows XP. Hopefully they will find a fix for this in time for the next software release. The work around, for now, is to use ethernet instead of USB (or use a better operating system, I think XP is a piece of junk). If it's any comfort, I've heard that there are lots of hardware devices whose USB drivers don't work right on XP. Supposedly Microsoft rewrote the USB software for XP. Guess they didn't do to good of a job.

#91600 - 03/05/2002 11:53 Re: Shuffle Play Entire HD? JEMPLODE?? newbie qs [Re: DemonSeed]
Legoverse
journeyman

Loc: Mesa, AZ
Something else to check;
Assuming all the songs are in playlists, and you're using 2.0 of the software, check to make sure that the playlists are not designated as "ignore as child". The ignore as child is a useful for things like audiobooks. It will prevent playlists marked as such from loading unless specifically selected.
In emplode, right click on the playlist, select properties, select the 'playlist' tab. Make sure "Ignore as child" is not checked.

If you want to upgrade the software (lots of really cool new features), the link is at the top of the page "Latest S/W: 2.0-b11"
Auto volume adjust is a feature integrated in Hijack. The link for Hijack is also at the top of the BBS window. Download only the latest pre-built kernal and install it. (for Windows use Tony's Empeg Logo Editor to install). Note you must be using the version 2.0 software to use the kernal.

The auto volume is sometimes nice, but occasionally can make a song sound odd. Try it and see.