Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#92674 - 08/05/2002 18:29 Heh.. Yeah baby.. Ford *Ranger* Install?
foxtrot_xray
addict

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Being in Georgia, I'm sure I'm gonna get the redneck jokes, but.. Heh.
I WAS going to wait until I got a new truck (2-3 years down the road) before permanently mounting the sled in my truck.
But... I can't wait for that. For several reasons - After getting in an accident today, having the player out is just too dangerous (for the player, I mean). Also, it's not secure and can get bumbed around alot more. Finally, it just don't look cool.
So, I'm highly tempted to put it in my '94 Ford Ranger. (Okay, laugh now, all you 'cool' people with sports cars, and such. I like my truck, thankyouverymuch.) :>
Anyways, I'd be greatly suprised if someone here has done that, but if you did, I'd like to hear 'bout it.
I have an amp covered, not too worried about the speakers (again, the truck's possibly getting replaced in 2-3 years), I'm more interested in finding the fastest and easiest-to-remove-when-I-get-the-new-truck install.
Comments, suggestions? General chaos?

Thanks! :>
Me.

#92675 - 08/05/2002 19:08 Re: Heh.. Yeah baby.. Ford *Ranger* Install? [Re: foxtrot_xray]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
I'm more interested in finding the fastest and easiest-to-remove-when-I-get-the-new-truck install.

It's a no-brainer.

Remove whatever radio/tape player/CD player you have in the dash now, and put the empeg in its place.

tanstaafl.

#92676 - 08/05/2002 21:26 Re: Heh.. Yeah baby.. Ford *Ranger* Install? [Re: tanstaafl.]
foxtrot_xray
addict

In reply to:

Remove whatever radio/tape player/CD player you have in the dash now, and put the empeg in its place.

Ah, but I have an amp to worry about... AFAIK, the Factory-Installed radio has a self-contained amp..

Me.

#92677 - 09/05/2002 10:53 Re: Heh.. Yeah baby.. Ford *Ranger* Install? [Re: foxtrot_xray]
dodgecowboy
enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi State University
right, so you will have to get you one, I have one amp under the front seat of my Ram for my speakers, and another under the backseat for my subs. its not hard to do, just time consuming to run all those wires

#92678 - 10/05/2002 09:49 Re: Heh.. Yeah baby.. Ford *Ranger* Install? [Re: dodgecowboy]
foxtrot_xray
addict

That's what I figured, the way my Ranger is. Shouldn't be too hard with the amp, I'm more worried about getting an amp that's too strong for the factory speakers.
(Yes. I have original factory speakers in there, and while they ain't perfect, they sound pretty freakin' good)

Anyone recommend a not-too-strong amp?

Me.

#92679 - 10/05/2002 10:27 Re: Heh.. Yeah baby.. Ford *Ranger* Install? [Re: foxtrot_xray]
dodgecowboy
enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi State University
Any small one will do, I am using a simple Punch 45.2 to push my factories and with the gain all the way down, its still sounds good. I would recomend any small 4-channel amp, unless you plan on upgrading your factory speakers in the future