Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#94759 - 20/05/2002 10:09 When Start Car....INFO Option changes? How to set?
DemonSeed
journeyman

Hi,
My rio car is working great, only one concern. Everytime I start my car the display shows the info-now and next, even though when i turned off the car it was LINE and Visuals above it. Its not memory cause it remembers what the time is and where the playlist left off..Does it go to his display by default? Is there a way to change it so it looks how i want automatically? Thanks

JIM

#94760 - 20/05/2002 10:14 Re: When Start Car....INFO Option changes? How to set? [Re: DemonSeed]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
The answer to your question lies within. This is the most commonly asked question, with the possible exception of "when is the next beta going to be released?"

#94761 - 20/05/2002 13:51 Re: When Start Car....INFO Option changes? How to set? [Re: tonyc]
DemonSeed
journeyman

Ok good, I am glad I am not the only one who noticed this problem. Also, speaking about betas, who makes them?

#94762 - 20/05/2002 15:15 Re: When Start Car....INFO Option changes? How to set? [Re: tonyc]
warsaw
stranger

Loc: Colorado
Oh, I had always assumed there was a bug in the beta. The only visual I ever use in the car is "off", so it never occurred to me that switching the info to "now and next" would be intentional. Perhaps there could be an exception if the visual is off?

I 'd have to go down to my car to try it to be sure . . . but doesn't transient mode also revert to now and next? Was this intentional?

#94763 - 20/05/2002 15:19 Re: When Start Car....INFO Option changes? How to set? [Re: warsaw]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
All of it is intentional. There are three "visual" info modes (Info:Off, Info:Line, and Info:Transient) and three non-visual info modes (Info: Track, Info:Now & Next, Info:Seek Tool.) When you're booting up in the car, the player switches to the last non-visual info mode you have selected. So if you normally use Track info, it'll switch to that. If you normally use Now & Next, it'll use that. Etc.

Holding the bottom button down for a little bit will get you your chosen visual info mode back. You don't have to manually switch to it. It's not all that difficult to deal with, and the Hijack kernel allows you to get around it entirely.

#94764 - 20/05/2002 15:35 Re: When Start Car....INFO Option changes? How to set? [Re: tonyc]
warsaw
stranger

Loc: Colorado
Yeah, that makes sense. Like I said, I keep the visuals off, so I didn't even realize that transient is a visual mode. It's been a long time since I last read the FAQ or the button guide...

I did not know about holding down the bottom button - Thanks.