Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#96425 - 29/05/2002 21:23 Exchange Spam Filter
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I just got done doing some short-term contract installation work which included setting up an Exchange server for internet email. The client is basically computer illiterate and remarkably paranoid. He wanted a suggestion for a product that would filter spam out. Seeing as how I would rather have been installing Postfix or Qmail, I didn't really have an answer to give him.

I was hoping someone out there could suggest a reasonably quality product that will filter spam for Exchange 2000 and that requires very little knowledgeable administration.

#96426 - 30/05/2002 06:41 Re: Exchange Spam Filter [Re: wfaulk]
tman
carpal tunnel

Have a look at the RBL stuff here. Some of them say they work with Exchange. I haven't personally used them since I also use Postfix but *shrug*

I've had very good results using RBL and SpamAssassin with Vipul's Razor. Not much good for Windows tho...

- Trevor

#96427 - 30/05/2002 08:00 Re: Exchange Spam Filter [Re: tman]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
While we're on the subject, could someone point me at some instructions for installing SpamAssassin on qmail. But _not_ in my .qmail file -- I want to add the headers as the email goes through the inbound queue. I've got the QMAILQUEUE patches installed already.